Friday, November 15, 2013

Somewhere Over The Rainbow

 Verse of the day:
No, that's not your experience at all. you've come to Mount Zion, the city where the living God resides. The invisible Jerusalem is populated by throngs of festive angels and Christian citizens. Hebrews 12:22

Today I woke up early. I like to wake up early to get a start on the day, and today I woke up about 5.30am, and pulled out my iPad to read for a bit. But I reckon I was only in bed for 2 minutes when I looked out my window (I don't use blinds or curtains), and saw a GORGEOUS sunrise!! I am in awe that God made such a beautiful sunrise!!So I hopped out of bed and out the front door to take a photo. This is the result:



Okay, disclaimer: the sunrise was much better than that, it was all pink. The photo DOES NOT do it justice.

Later, when I came up with the verse of the day, I had to hunt for what the verse means, and I found out it's actually talking about heaven. That got me to thinking.

So it's saying that when you get to heaven, you'll be where God lives. They'll be festive angels and other Christians there.

 This description, along with the sunrise I saw, makes me long for heaven. I know I'll be there one day, but that won't be for decades (God willing).

Today, as I look towards heaven, I feel closer to God, and am singing Somewhere Over The Rainbow, because one day that's where I'll be - over the rainbow. And it makes me feel closer to God.

Here's a link to Somewhere Over The Rainbow for your enjoyment:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSZxmZmBfnU

Feel free to comment or email me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment